Checking Out Procedure
- Customer must be 16 years of age or older and present a valid Tenafly Public Library card in good standing and a valid government-issued photo ID or Tenafly High School ID to check out a laptop. (ID will be kept at the Circulation Desk until the laptop is returned)
- Library card must have been issued at least 30 days prior to checking out a laptop
- Laptops are for IN LIBRARY USE ONLY
Loan Periods and Use Procedures
- Laptops are checked out without chargers and must be returned when laptop needs charging or 30 minutes prior to library closing.
- Patrons can check out one more laptop for the same duration once the previous laptop has been returned
- Laptops cannot be reserved and there may be times when the laptops are unavailable due to library programming
- No laptops can be borrowed less than 30 minutes prior to the Library closing
- If you see a problem with the laptop either in its condition or in its operation, or if something happens while you are using it, tell the Circulation staff immediately in order to avoid being held liable
- Work will not be saved, you must use a USB device to save your work or email it to yourself
- Do not leave the laptop unattended or loan it to another person. You are responsible for loss while the laptop is checked out to you.
- Laptops can easily be damaged by impact. Users should be extremely careful with them.
- Laptops should never be removed from the library for any reason. (Ex: If the building is evacuated, the laptop must be immediately returned to the Circulation Desk).
- Do not tamper with the security features or attempt to install personal software.
- No user files or downloads will be retained on the hard drive.
- Use of the laptop is at the patron's own risk. The patron is responsible for deleting any personal information they entered while using the laptop. We DO NOT recommend using the laptop for personal, financial, medical, or legal matters.
Returning a Laptop
- All laptops must be returned to the Circulation Desk.
- Laptops must be returned in the same condition as received: if returned damaged or laptop is lost, customer agrees to pay for any repairs or the full replacement cost of the laptop.
- All components must be returned together (laptop, mouse, etc.)
- Questions about this service may be redirected to the Circulation Desk or Reference staff.